Saturday, February 14, 2009

Broad Atlantic Spinning Batt

Happy Valentine's Day!

I know, I should be posting pics of something that looks more like roses and chocolate, but that wasn't what I grabbed from my ready-dyed stash first. Oh, well...

I've just put this one in my Etsy Store. Only 2 ounces, but this wool can be spun quite fine. I got a nice 2-ply sock weight from a batch of green I spun back in the Fall. Very nice stuff to work with, but please be forewarned that it is not superwash.



Also still available is "Grape Sparkle," pictured below.




It's a lovely, soft wool with a touch of angelina for sparkle. The colors range from pale grayish lavender to fuschia to an occasional streak of black. I think there's just about every shade of grape in this you can possibly imagine, and the photo cannot begin to do the subtleties of this colorway full justice. It's the same wool as I used in "Broad Atlantic," so the same rules apply. It's not superwash, it can be spun as fine as you like, etc.

Happy shopping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home