Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Return of Mad Angel Creations

Well, after quite a long hiatus, Mad Angel Creations is up and running again.
I lost my day job, so now have time
to work with the things in life that REALLY matter:
yarn and spinning fiber, and in time,
some nice knitted accessories and original patterns.

For now, though, there is Yarn, which may all be found at my Etsy store,

This is "Hummingbird," a gorgeous lace weight blend of
baby alpaca, silk, and cashmere.
Hand painted by me.
This is "Red Hat Gal,"
another beautiful lace weight yarn
in a soft wool and cashmere blend.
Hand painted by me.
Also in the lovely wool-cashmere lace weight blend is
"Island of the Blue Dolphins."
When I saw the tropical-looking colors emerge in such a pleasing way,
I thought of one of my favorite childhood books, and paid homage.
Hand painted by me.
In varying shades of burgundy and green,
also in the wool-cashmere lace weight yarn,
this one is called "Grape Arbor."
Hand painted by me.
"Dusty Rose" was a commercial single I got on a big cone.
It's a blend of polyester, silk, and flax,
and I hand plied it on my spinning wheel,
into a nice 3-ply fingering weight yarn.
"Polyester?" you ask.
Yes. Polyester. But it doesn't feel like polyester.
It has a gorgeous drape and sheen,
and would make a fabulous lace scarf or shawl.
"Dusty Teal"
is the same composition as "Dusty Rose."
It was another big cone of commercial singles,
which I hand plied into a 3-ply fingering weight yarn.
Really pretty, even if I do say so myself.
All of these yarns are currently for sale in my shop.

Updates will be happening more frequently now.

Thanks for looking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home